30 October 2018

Sporting Weekend

Not a lot of sewing last week - finished sewing "Hearts at Home" together and it's ready to drop off for quilting


and a fair bit of time was spent cutting out "Vintage Holiday" fabrics to make two quilts.


Early Friday morning, Lynell, Robyn and I drove up to Homebush to the Invictus Games - it was a big day out.  Two sessions of wheelchair basketball followed by a session of athletics.  Was great to see the Aussies do so well.  Then on Saturday night we went to the Hawks game - a great win.


Jenni has requested a cot quilt for her best friend's new baby boy.  I bought some "Guess How Much I Love You" fabric - it is so very sweet.


I'm making "Bradley Street" again, mainly because it shows off the lovely prints in the fabric squares.


And last night the final stitches were sewn into the "O Happy Day" binding.


On Sunday afternoon Mum, Elizabeth and I went to see "A Star is Born".  This is the fourth version of the movie Mum has seen - she enjoyed it.  There was a lot I liked about the movie (the music is great) but I'm not as sold on the newer version as I was on the Streisand/Kristofferson version.

2 comments:

Daughter #1 said...

No one would stand a chance against Barbara for you :)

Maria said...

Beautiful finish and you'er working with sew many gorgeous fabrics for your next project.
Loving the How Much I Love You baby quilt..
Look at all the amazing projects in your new header!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...