25 June 2018

Last Week

The rest of the Irish Chain blocks were sewn last week for "Summer Nights" (my B&C Beehive quilt)


and some of the extra star blocks I will need - 4 to go.  This is going to be a very pretty quilt.  I'm due to receive 11 star blocks in December.


One of the blocks I've had to make for the Beehive is "Sugar Plum" and I thought this would work well for my orange fabrics - had quite a few large pieces leftover from two orange quilts I made a while ago.   Most of the cutting out is done (white background to go)


and I had to make one block to see what it looks like.



I have backing for this quilt, so I'm all set when I feel like make it.

Karen quilted the little blue cot quilt over the weekend.  The House/Irish Chain quilt will be on her frame today.


For the first time since about 1999 I didn't make it to the Sydney Quilt Show.  The main reason I was sad to miss it was because I wouldn't have the chance to catch up with some friends.  Saturday was pretty busy with house stuff and a visit from Jenni and Kurt. 

Saturday night I was in Sydney at the beautiful State Theatre to attend a concert with Tania (my boss), her sister and niece.  



Wow!  Ramin Karimloo was sensational.  Such a glorious voice.

Was back to Sydney yesterday to spend time with Michael, Peta and Gulli - always wonderful to be with them.  Had a fun time playing with Gulli.

Last night's sewing was finishing off the last of the flower blocks for the "Handmade" Irish Chain and then I could start sewing the blocks into rows and sewing the rows together.  There are two more rows to add then borders (when the fabric arrives).  I think a couple of blocks will be swapped around before this quilt top is finished.  It's looking so pretty - reminds me of Cath Kidston designs. 

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Always so pretty....... Yes missed you at the show but sounds like you were busy with other stuff.......

Susan said...

At least missing the quilt show had some great replacement activities! The orange stars with be lovely!

Maria said...

You sure kept busy when not going to the craft show..
Really like your orange fabrics...'
Lots of beautiful projects

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...