04 June 2018

Seaglass

One of my favourite quilters in Susan Ache (yardgrl60 on Instagram).  Susan has such a lovely, fresh style when putting colours together and she uses mostly FigTree and Company fabrics.  "Starting with Strips" is a book filled with quilts designed by Susan and "Seaglass" is the first quilt I've made from the book.

I had some lovely "Miss Scarlet" fabric (designed by Minick and Simpson) to use for the background and could use loads of FigTree fabrics for the strips.



The backing is from FigTree & Co's "Coney Island" range - I really like this green.

 

All the chain blocks have been made for my house quilt.  The plan was to use only stash fabrics for this quilt but I had to change those two darker chain blocks - they stood out too much.


I bought two background fabrics from Karen, moved a few blocks and think the layout is better, although probably not yet final.


What a big weekend!  Dinner with The Schoolgirls on Friday night at an Indian restaurant - such delicious food.  Boy we laughed - mainly about our times at school athletics and swimming carnivals (only one of us is really sporty).  Saturday afternoon was fun with the Stitching Girls and then saw "Solo:  A Star Wars Story" on Saturday night - loved it.  I really enjoy these back-story movies.  Yesterday Mum and I went to Sydney to spend time with Jenni and Kurt (mum baked an apple pie and Jenni baked an Oreo Layer Cake) and then headed over to Michael and Peta's to stay with Gulli while they went to see "Solo".

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice quilts.......sounds like a great weekend.......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Totally awesome quilts❤️❤️❤️Sounds like you had fun 😂🤪

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...