24 May 2018

Cot Quilt

Yesterday I bought a new pattern:  "Apple Pie" designed by Fig Tree and Co.  Lately I've been very drawn to Irish Chain quilts.


Had a look through my Figgy box last night and found two similar charm packs (Strawberry Fields Revisited and HoneySweet) along with some Butterscotch and Roses coral fabric to use in place of the black Irish Chain blocks and taupe Strawberry Fields Revisited fabric for a border, so my quilt will be much scrappier than the original.


A few months ago I came across a cute design on Instagram and thought it would be lovely for a cot quilt.


The cot quilt was finished last night.  I've used a fair few pieces from my scrap draw and loads of other fabrics from my stash plus white with a tiny pink pin dot for the background and binding.  The backing is "Just Another Walk in the Woods" designed by Stacy Iest Hsu and Karen use pretty "Bowtique" for the quilting.


Another binding to start stitching down tonight.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, I love that Patches and Pinwheels quilt! I think I may have to 'borrow' that idea Lynda! Yours is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...