07 November 2017

Off Track

The "Handmade with Love" blocks were so quick and fun to put together.  Took me longer to decide on which fabrics to use than it did to make the blocks.



And then the layout seemed to take forever, so I had to just make some decisions and sew the quilt top together.


Finished off a little all-in-one for ChaCha (from another pattern I had used for her mum) but when I tried it on her it was too short in the body.  Took the zip out and added some ribbing.  Tried it on ChaCha the next morning and was told "Needs a zip Nanna" - 2 year olds are too clever these days :)



The new zip has been sewn in and GG is finishing off the handsewing.

Not many "Scrappy Stars" last week - enjoying the Christmas quilt blocks too much.


A friend of mine became a Grandma again a few weeks ago, so "Off Track" will be going to the new baby next time she visits him.


I've used the last of my cute washing line cotton flannel on the back - makes the quilt very snuggly.


Once "Handmade with Love" was together I still felt like making more Christmas blocks, so "Vintage Holiday 2" is well under way.  These blocks end up being ornament-shaped.  Background fabric is cut out and I'm waiting for the sashing and backing fabrics to arrive.




On Saturday The Schoolgirls and I went to see "Beautiful" - what a fabulous show!  Loved it so much.  I wanted it to start again as soon as it finished.   Mum and I went to see "Three Summers" on Sunday afternoon - such a lovely Australian movie, written and directed by Ben Elton, with  great humour, quirky characters, terrific music.

Some fabrics to add to the stack for "Medley" and "Line Dried" arrived yesterday - probably won't start "Line Dried" until next year - more Ohio Star blocks.


One more thing to crochet this year - a Christmas present for Gulliver.  His Dad sent me a link to a pattern he'd somehow come across on FaceBook and let me know that Gulliver might like an All Terrain Armored Transport (AT-AT Walker) from Star Wars.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Omg so many gorgeous quilts and blocks and is all just wow......

Maria said...

You've been busy making loads of lovely blocks and quilts..
ChaCha all in one looks fantastic... glad you put a zip in Nana.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...