20 November 2017

Handmade with Love

Picked up "Handmade with Love" quilt from Karen on Wednesday night.  I haven't made a Christmas quilt for many years and this one was super quick to make with all the large pieces.


I love the "Rainbow Hearts" quilting design.  Will definitely use this one again.  The backing is one of my favourite Bonnie and Camille prints from their "Handmade" range - Karen has this for sale.


I took these photos of the quilt on Saturday morning - notice there are no bedside lights.


My dear friend, Lynell, turned up on Sunday morning as we had planned to go shopping for the day, and she brought my new bedside lights with her.  Lynell has been making these for most of this year.  To say I am thrilled to bits is an understatement.

 

We bought the crystal bases in Sydney a few months ago.


So very happy now that my bedroom is finished.

Last week I finished trimming the last of the hourglass blocks that make up the Scrappy Star blocks


and all the Scrappy Stars are together.  There are a few extra so I can switch the colours around if necessary.  A 5" charm square goes between each star.


ChaCha's Christmas dress is also finished.


A bit more Christmas sewing/stitching/crocheting to get on with over the next weeks.

Had a great weekend - Mum and I visited Michael and Gulli on Saturday and then Lynell, Robyn and I went on our annual Christmas trek to IKEA.  We met up with our friend Wendy and, as usual, couldn't believe how quickly the time went by.  Lovely dinner in our favourite Thai restaurant in Sutherland and then tartufo and coffee in another restaurant.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Another beautiful dress.......cha cha will be so pretty...... Great quilt and the lights...
wow lucky you
....

Maria said...

Handmade is the best gifts 🎁 .. Lynell made you the most beautiful leadlights bedside lights .
Cha Cha dress is very pretty.
Love the Christmas quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...