14 August 2017

Rainbows

Rainbows (and the rainbow flag) are a very topical symbol in Australia just now.

A few months ago this brightly coloured wool appeared in my Instagram feed and I knew Elizabeth would love it, so bought 4 balls to knit something for my granddaughter.



The jumper and beanie will fit next year or the year after.



Last week Mum and I went to see "Dunkirk" - I've seen so many rave reviews about the movie but I could have done without seeing it.  I think the main problem was the sound was too loud in the theatre - probably would have enjoyed it more at home.

Had a very busy weekend.  Saw a local production of "Wicked" on Friday night - so, so good (except for one character) then the rest of the weekend was spent in front of a computer at Wollongong Song and Dance Festival - troupe weekend is always huge.

Hoping for a quieter week coming up - have some sewing that I really need to get on with and haven't switched on the machine for ages.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Oh love that jumper and matching beanie...

Deb said...

Oh my gosh that wool has knitted up beautifully. It has knitted up in a really structured way rather than the old style which used to knit all over the place with the colours. Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...