23 August 2017

Leftovers

While trying to use up the rest of the Bendigo Wool I bought last year for Peta's blanket and scarf, I needed to buy a couple of extra balls of wool to add to the mix to make the pompom jumpers and that created more leftover wool (vicious circle).  The last of the wool has been knitted up into a vest that might fit my sweetheart next winter or the winter after.  She is very tall so I knitted size 3 width and size 4 length.  The cute buttons were a present from Awesome Auntie Jenni a couple of years ago.


My friend Karen had a ball of Bendigo Woolen Mills "Bloom" in Rainbow leftover and gave it to me.  There was no more Rainbow wool left on the BWM website so I bought a ball of purple to add to the mix.  The pattern is from Shepherd Yarns Book 1002, which was one of my sweetheart's Granny's knitting books.


Life is very busy these days and I have no time to sew on the weekends and very little time during the week.  I am working on some secret sewing and have 8 blocks to go before I can start sewing the blocks into rows.

Going to see "The Wharf Review" tomorrow night with Mum and Robyn - it's always such a funny/clever show.

Looking forward to seeing both of my sweethearts on Friday and Saturday.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Gorgeous vest knitted with your left overs. Love the Owl buttons...
The Rainbow one is pretty...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...