26 September 2016

Birthdays

We have a few family birthdays in September - my two daughters and a dear cousin for starters.

My cousin celebrated a big birthday and I was invited to the family lunch


and one of my sweethearts was my lunch date - he had a ball and loved all the delicious dumplings.  Gulli looks so grown up now he's had his first haircut.


Last week was my elder daughter's birthday and we had a family bbq yesterday at their new home.  Jenni made the birthday cake - Rocky Road Riot - it was delicious.


I made Elizabeth a cowl/scarf as part of her birthday presents.  I love this rainbow wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills.


Another Swell quilt is underway using the same batik fabrics as last time, plus a few more to make the quilt a bit bigger.  All the blocks are made and I hope to have the quilt top together in the next day or so.


On Saturday night Mum, Robyn and I went to see "Bridget Jones's Baby" - LOVED IT!!!  Best movie I've seen for ages.  Sad in some parts but so very funny overall.  We all had tears streaming down our cheeks from laughing so much.

2 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Happy Birthday to everyone. The finished scarf is just so beautiful and bright, using the good wool this will last for many years. Have fun with your quilting. Cake looks amazing.

Happy days.
Bev.

marina said...

Great to celebrate those birthdays! Gorgoeus wool used for the scarf, very pretty.
Your little man is growing, how cute his first haircut.
I like the patten that forms with those batik blocks.
Glad to hear your review of the movie, I wasn't really sold on the previews though I am not a huge fan except that it has Colin firth in it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...