30 June 2016

Friends and Family

I had a great few days last week spending Thursday with ChaCha and Diann arriving that night.  I picked up ChaCha early Friday morning, then we all headed off to the Sydney Quilt Show where we met up with some other friends.  I only bought a kite-shaped template and Jen Kingwell's new book "Jenny from One Block" - very responsible shopping.  ChaCha had a great time charming anyone who stopped to have a chat - she wore her crocheted overalls and they were a big hit.

After dropping off ChaCha to her Dad, Diann and I visited Michael and Gulliver then drove home.  Some friends came over for lunch on Saturday - my birthday Moet disappeared very quickly.


I needed to cut some puff pastry into relatively equal sizes - quilting rulers have a multitude of uses.
 

We spent the evening with our knitting then Sunday lunchtime was here all too quickly and it was time to drive back to the airport.

Not much sewing last week but this week I made a tiny Dresden plate (just under 4" diameter) to go into a quilt I'd like to make later in the year

 

and I've sewn together the blades for the Piccadilly Circus Dresden Plates.


I hope to start appliqueing the centres tonight.

Some Luxury 8 ply wool ordered from Bendigo Woollen Mills arrived earlier this week.  The colours are wonderful and the wool is so soft.


Started crocheting some of it last night and it's so lovely to work with.  The hexagons will be made into a fun and funky present for someone I love.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Such colour Lynda- in the wool and the Piccadilly Circle and mini-Dresden!

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

I love that mini dresden plate. My goodness the colours you have chosen for the wool is just so pretty. It will be an amazing blanket.

Happy days.
Bev.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...