11 November 2015

Quilt Camp

It's been a busy few weeks with a trip to Tasmania and an overnight stay in Sydney.

Our on-line stitching group had a quilt camp near Latrobe and it was a fantastic few days away with the girls.  Met up with some old friends and met some friends I've known on-line for years.  I've had to "borrow" photos because I didn't take many.

We met up at The Cherry Shed for lunch before heading off to the camp.  I love this photo of Helen McC.  Was a sign of things to come over the weekend.


The Queensland Girls (Helen McC, Teresa, Norreen and Sandi) made Survival Kits for all of us


and Lib made each of us a thread catcher


 which she gave to us on Halloween.  There was a bit of dressing up that night.


We also had a swap - something we could use while travelling or at camp.  Vicki made me a great holder for all the cables we need to take with us these days.  Terrific fabric.


I had a gigle when I saw the pink lint remover - I'm always covered in threads.

Jo's present to Helen S was a pair of pyjamas - a friend in the US had also bought some of these pj's for me (perfect for camp).


On the floor is the quilt Sarah was making - Cosy by Cotton Way - it turned out so well.

I made Leanne a Stash and Dash bag (Tanya Whelan fabric) and also made one for her Helen (Whitewashed Cottage) for up-coming birthday.

 

I was also able to give Helen her teapot block for the birthday quilt she is making for herself.


There was some sewing done over the weekend - 716 four patch blocks to start off my Rainbow Rows quilt (designed by Lissa Alexander) - one of the "Go Four It" quilts in this year's American Patchwork and Quilting quilt-along.  Another 373 or so to go.


It was such a great trip and then the following day I was able to spend shopping with the babies and their Mums - perfect end to a lovely few days.

7 comments:

Maria said...

You girls over East always have such fabulous GTG and retreats...sew much fun....

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda what a wonderful time you had,arent the Tuesday girls gorgeous and so much fun and how wonderful you all got to play with the lovely tassie girls,oh i love your PJ's and the gifts you made Lynda,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Sarah said...

Was a fantastic weekend. SO glad you came Lynda!!

Helen said...

It was such a great camp and lovely to see you again.

marina said...

Looks like a great time had by all!!
All those little square and still 370 odd to go, wow.

Susan said...

Sounds like a great trip away. Love the pj's

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds and looks like a wonderful time with the girls...........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...