18 May 2015

Presents

Fireworks is together.  I love the border fabric - such a great mix of all the fabrics in the quilt top.


There was a fair stack of these lovely bright fabrics left, so I decided to make a quick zig-zag quilt - I owe a few people baby quilts.  This one will be going to a sweet 2 year old soon.


I had a day off last week and took these two quilts and the X-block cot quilt over to Karen for her to quilt.  

My friend Barbara is recently home from a 5 weeks cruise around Asia.  We had dinner together last week and she gave me this huge box containing my birthday present but I couldn't open it till I was at home.


This is what was inside - it's just fabulous!  And it suits my home (and me) so well.

 

For our on-line group's birthday present, Sarah was sending to me and this is how my parcel arrived - stitched up all the way around!  Cheeky thing.  Such a fun idea and she used lovely Fig Tree fabric for the "wrapping".



Out came the unpicker.  So many lovely, handmade goodies inside - all made using more beautiful Fig Tree fabrics.


Had a lovely birthday/Mothers' Day with all the family and catching up with friends during the week.

A friend, Lynda, came to visit during the week and also brought me a present:


 My friends have great taste and style :)

6 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

What a fun bright post, the extra fabric quilt is so lovely and bright. Sarah certainly had you un-picking, actually a great way to make sure it all stays together too. Your friend's bought you some lovely gifts, the light is so damn cute as is the shirt. Maybe you can start a Lynda club like the Shirley club.

Happy days.
Bev.

Anonymous said...

hi lynda i love the quilt,well done and boy that lamp is awesome,happy birthday my friend .so glad you had a lovely time xx

marina said...

wow so much loveliness in this post.
LOVE the border fabric and the extra zig zag quilt you managed to make they are gorgeous.
More love for your lampshade!! how amazing. A lovely little parcel of fig tree loveliness for you too.
Belated Birthday wishes xx

Susan said...

What a lovely week you had. Your new quilt is so bright and happy. Love the lamp too, very unique. Very funny to sew the gift in the fabric, gorgeous goodies inside.

Maria said...

Love your bright happy quilts....

What a fantastic BD gift from Barb...

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Love the bright quilts Lynda and the new lamp is just gorgeous xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...