18 October 2014

Goodnight Irene

Earlier this year I came across Terry's blog and she was hosting a sew-along to make a quilt using Goodnight Irene blocks.  Terry was making her quilt using blue/green batiks and I remembered I had a Tonga Treat pack in my stash called "Pink Lemonade", beautiful oranges, yellows, pinks and some fuschia.

The quilt top was finished in March and joined the pile of quiltops to be quilted.  My quilting frame was dismantled after the flood and moved to the garage.  It's still not re-assembled, so when my friend, Karen, bought herself a long-arm quilting machine, I gave this to her to quilt for me (along with a few others).  Karen quilted 8 quilts for me in two weeks so I have lots of binding ahead of me.





This is the first time I've used Batik fabrics and I love the colours in this quilt.  So glad I found Terry's blog.

8 comments:

Terry said...

Irene looks beautiful! The colors in this one are wonderful! :0)

Anonymous said...

Love the colours, I ama bit partial to orange.
Happy binding:-)

Susan said...

It is such a pretty colour!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Lovely finish, the quilting looks great. Happy binding!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love this Lynda...

Maria said...

How wonderful to have a friend who can do your quilting Lynda..

Goodnight Irene looks fabulous...

Sarah said...

Looks great! I love the quilting. I found Terry's blog through yours and I love this pattern too. You're being kept busy with all the quilts to bind, I bet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...