27 December 2013

Secret Sewing

Christmas Eve:

All the candles in the house are alight
Elizabeth made us Gingerbread Cocktails to enjoy while watching the Melbourne Carols
Elizabeth ready for the "Hallelujah Chorus"

This year's Christmas table:


All the presents have now been opened so I can show some of what's been happening in the sewing room over the last few weeks - the embroidery machine was running non-stop for a while.

Christmas Tags too add my children's presents
Doorhangers for the Stitching Girls
Towels for dear friends and a new little baby

The main sewing/stitching has been for our on-line group's Secret Santa.  My partner to send to was Cathy - Cathy has a fabulous sense of humour and, as I wanted her presents to be a true secret, I posted them to Leanne who was able take the presents out of the postpack and deliver them to Cathy.


It took Cathy a couple of days to work out who had sent them and that was lots of fun.  I was very careful not to post photos of what I'd been making for other people or presents under the Christmas tree but I knew that the little Christmas cake would give me away.


For Cathy's Christmas Day present I made her Bronwyn Hayes's "My Little Teahouse"

Photo from Cathy
Photo from Cathy



A little thankyou for Leanne - she was a great help.
Had a lovely time last night - friends and family came over for a bbq and Christmas leftovers.  It was a beautiful evening and we were able to sit on the verandah - little shower every now and then to cool us.

Mum and I are heading to Canberra this afternoon for a couple of days then I have a week off before going back to work - hopefully a week of seeing family, reading and lazing around.

7 comments:

creations.1 said...

Wow!! You have been busy - looks like you had a great Christmas of giving!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful post lynda,love what you sent Cathy and i love the thought that you put into it being a surprise,and great that Leanne helped out.xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been running 'hot'...great tags and your gift for Cathy awesome...

Teresa said...

Wow.... so many gorgeous things. I love the tags and doorhangers... you were definitely on a roll. Cathys present is absolutely wonderful. She is one very lucky girl. Well done xx

Susan said...

Time to enjoy the break! You've been so busy. Love the Teahouse, so much beautiful detail.

marina said...

your christmas crafting is amazing. Love the machine embroidered items and your bronwyn Hayes design is gorgeous. So much work.
Enjoy your time with family and hope there is a lot of lazing and reading for you.

Nicky said...

Your gifts were delightful, lucky Cathy! Belated Christmas wishes to you Lynda....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...