09 June 2012

Buttercup Squares

This quilt is a present for a wedding we will be attending next month - the bride's mother chose the fabrics ("Buttercup" designed by Joanna Figueroa - Fig Tree).  Sewing down the binding on this very large quilt has been a pleasure on these very cold winter nights.

Buttercup Squares 75" x 86" (191 cms x 218 cms)



Can't say I enjoyed quilting this one so much just because of the size but it's turned out well.

Knitting is going well - the back of Michael's jumper is finished and I'm halfway up the front.

So very cold here lately and looks like the cold snap will continue for the long weekend.  Beef and vegie soup in the crock pot today and I think I'll cook a chilli in the crock pot tomorrow.  We have my sister-in-law and nephew here for the weekend which is lovely.

6 comments:

Yvette said...

Oh I really like that quilt. The fabric are perfect.

De said...

lovely quilt with lovely fabric

Maria said...

What a beautiful quilt. I am sure the newly weds will love it.
Yes it's cold here now too. Very different from last weekend.
Enjoy sitting knitting.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Quilt looks fantastic I am sure the happy couple will be thrilled...soup sounds good...enjoy time with your family...5 sleeps for us 6 for you...

Roseanne said...

Very nice love the fabric you used.

Christine said...

Very pretty Lynda. A wonderful gift.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...