06 July 2009

Fun Weekend

Our family loves a good birthday celebration and we're always happy for the celebrations to be spread over a day or two.

Saturday night we had dinner at a local Mexican restaurant - this is where Michael first started work and where Jenni now works. Michael wanted to go here. Food was wonderful (as always).

Sunday morning the Nannas joined us all for breakfast before Michael headed back to Sydney.

Sunday night I finished Kirra's 18th birthday quilt (we've known since she was a tiny, little girl), "Happy Days" designed by Anni Downs. This quilt is a little larger than the pattern suggests because I wanted to use up all the jelly roll strips. When I first made this quilt I didn't add the frill because I didn't think it suited the fabric Elizabeth chose, but I love the frill in the Soiree fabric.

I'll be giving the quilt to Kirra tonight.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

wow....lucky Kirra!!! the quilt looks fab.....!

Helen said...

Everyone looks as though they are enjoying themselves and a happy birthday to Michael from me as well. Great quilt too.

Helen

Bec said...

The quilt looks so good in Soiree, such a nice funky range!
Mexican, yum yum..... I hope everyone enjoyed their night out, especially Michael.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...