10 June 2009

Quilt Show Shopping

Today John and I plus 4 friends travelled to Sydney to the Quilt Show. Some breathtaking quilts in the exhibition with plenty of handquilting, which was lovely to see. Lots of favourite shops were there. We saw 5 of the completed Quilt Aid quilts - certainly makes choosing a finishing kit more difficult. The quilts are really lovely.

Bought buttons for the new Bronwyn Hayes quilt (Gingham Girls - My Favourite Things) and buttons for the My Little Teahouse pattern I also picked up, plus some bag handles and purse frames. Have had my eye on a rotating mat for quite some time - Scissorman had one for a good price. The honeybuns are for a friend.

Check out the cash registers, eftpos machine, calculator and mobile phone at this shop at the quilt show - what a hoot! Makes my sparkly mouse, calculator and stapler at work look pretty lame.


Queensland tomorrow!

7 comments:

Janet said...

Looks like you got your haul, I love the bling on the stall, I will be looking out for that! I have a rotating mat and now I wouldn't be without it.

Lorraine said...

I looked at a rotating mat in the quilt shop we visited the other day!...didn't get it but have heard they are wonderful....have a safe and fab trip to Qld!

Teresa said...

Those rotating mats beat a mat on a lazy susan!! They're great for cutting out hexagons..Hope you brought your jumper for Qld - it's 10 degrees here at the moment xx

Chookyblue...... said...

oh so jealous........wished i could go........

Sarah said...

Great to hear you had a great time Lynda - and all that 'loot'.....WOW
Love the 'bling' shop equipment!
x Sarah

Jen said...

Great days shopping by the looks of it.

Cathy said...

Lovely purchases...I like the idea of the round cutter! I signed up for Quiltaid today and purchased my first block...which quilt finish do you favour so far? Quilted Crow is my pick!!
Enjoy Queensland! Cathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...