21 August 2008

Ugly Duckling is now a Swan

Earlier this year Elizabeth and I went shopping at Material Obsession in Sydney. We came home with this unusual (for me) bundle of fabrics
These fabrics
were added to the bundle and this week I finished a Travel Quilt for Jenni (quilted on the [doover] frame) - I'll post a picture after her birthday. Leanne describes the Travel Quilt as "The perfect solution for using the fabrics you bought on a trip that don't blend in with your stash" - so true in this case. But, I have to admit, I'm really pleased with the overall look of the quilt and Elizabeth made excellent fabric choices because I can imagine Jenni choosing all of those fabrics for herself (for clothes or whatever).

Next quilt to sew up is Anni Downs "Happy Days" in these fabrics -

and I think I'll have enough leftover to make a smaller version of Janelle Wind's "Citrus Crush". I'm hoping I can find some pistachio or turquoise coloured jumbo ric-rac but don't like my chances. Two more quilts to quilt on the doover - am slowly feeling more competent.

4 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Can't wait to see the quilt...yummy fabrics for the next project...

Helen said...

They are different fabrics for you Lynda but I'm sure they will look great when made up. Haven't seen the other quilt but I do like those fabrics, good luck with the ric rac.

Helen

rooruu said...

Ah, I've got some Nigella fabrics waiting to be wrangled, too. Snap! (again, isn't it??)

Sarah said...

Yeah, look forward to seeing this 'swan'!!
x sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...