06 June 2022

June Churn Dash Blocks

Spare time on Friday was spent cutting out Churn Dash blocks.


By last night this month's blocks were finished.  As I've made a couple of Churn Dash quilts before, I'm really happy to have stumbled onto this variation.


On Friday night went to see "Top Gun:  Maverick" with some friends - what a great movie.  Loved it.   Had a lovely dinner afterwards.  Fun way to start a (very cold) weekend.

On Saturday, after usual housework, I spent the afternoon and evening with my friends, Lynell and Darren, packing.  After 40 years in the house they are moving to a house in my suburb, so there is a lot of sorting and packing to be done over the coming weeks.

I have one room in my house that has not been touched since we moved in and it is used as a junk/storeroom and the door is always closed.  The room needs gutting, re-gyprocking, painting etc and it is going to happen.  An electrician is coming this week to remove the old ceiling fan/light and wall control and install a new light fitting and then I can book in the plasterer.  Pretty excited about this.  I will use the room as a study and extra spare bedroom.

My quilting frame is in this room and I'm hoping someone would like it (I'll be happy give it away to anyone who wants to pick it up).

Started clearing out the room yesterday morning then after lunch my brother turned up with Mum and he and I had the job finished by mid-afternoon.  I have lots of stuff to drop off to the Op Shop and lots of stuff to throw out.  Nat's What I Reckon's Lamb Ragout was bubbling away on the stove all afternoon - was a delicious dinner last night.

I've enjoyed all the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

4 comments:

loulee said...

That is a lovely variation of the churndash. Yours is going to be very colourful.

Chookyblue...... said...

how exciting to be renovating your room.........ive heard good reports of Top Gun so would like to see it one day.........
the churn dash blocks are going to look great....what size are they finished?

Maria said...

Great pile of pretty churn dashes…
That looks like a hearty warm dinner!

cityquilter grace said...

Very nice blocks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...