23 March 2022

Sampler Spree

The blocks for this quilt had been made for more than six months before I made a decision about the sashing fabric colour.  I think the rockmelon colour works well with the FigTree and Co fabrics.


Really enjoyed making these blocks - there are 100 different blocks in the sampler and all are made from stash fabrics and my FigTree scrap baskets.

I asked Karen to quilt it with my old favourite "Clamshells".  Very happy with how it looks.

I didn't have a backing fabric for this quilt and, fortunately, Karen had a FigTree wideback, so that worked very well.


Karen will be visiting tomorrow and is bringing "Master Plan" with her - so thrilled with how this quilt has turned out and am very excited about having it bound and finished.


I've been working on "Castle Gardens" blocks lately.  They're all done and I hope I'm able to lay them out so they look ok - so many patterned fabrics in this quilt.


Looking forward to this weekend.  Going to Canberra with some friends to see the Van Gogh Alive exhibition in Canberra and maybe the Women in Art exhibition (including Jenny Kee/Linda Jackson) at the National Gallery.


2 comments:

Maria said...

The Sampler quilt with the watermelon smashing and clamshells quilts is lovely.
Be good to finish the other quilt too.
Nice new blocks you’re working on.
Enjoy the exhibition.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...