15 October 2021

Blueberry Kisses

"Blueberry Kisses" is the next Thimbles and Needles quilt that I've finished.  The original quilt features lots of blue fabrics for the crosses and sashing squares but I didn't think I had enough of one fabric in my stash so decided to make a very scrappy version.

The quilt is very large, 92" x 102", so sits beautifully on the bed.


The quilt has gone to a new home and the owner wanted to sew down the binding, so that saved me from a big job.


Jenni, AngelCake Quilting, quilted this with Elegant Feathers - the texture is beautiful.


I love the backing - looked so lovely and fresh for this quilt.


I've also been making pieces for the "Loveliness" blocks each day and am ready to start sewing these into the blocks.

Last Monday was a fantastic day as I was able to visit Jenni, Kurt and Vincent - I haven't seen them for going on to 4 months so have missed a lot of Vincent's development.  He is now sitting up, commando crawling and chatting so much - loads of fun and very busy.  Had to take it easy with Vincent as he's not seen any other people besides his Mummy and Daddy.

They are coming to visit tomorrow - very much looking forward to seeing them again.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Another great finish …
How special to be able to see your little ones and family again….

marina said...

love your scrappy blueberry kisses, it looks fantastic!
how wonderful to see your babies after such a long time. Lots to catch up on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...