28 July 2021

Lunchtime Cutting Out

On the days that Gulli isn't here, I've been spending lunchtimes cutting out a couple of quilts.

The first one is "Electrolites" designed by Thimbles and Needles.  The blue fabric arrived earlier this week, so I was keen to make a couple of blocks as I wasn't 100% sure I would like it - very happy with the blue.


The blocks are set on point in the final layout so it appears all my flowers and stripes will be on the diagonal.


I also cut out some trackies for the little ones.  Jenni bought the bright bug fabric for Vincent and there was enough to make him a size 2 tracksuit and a little t-shirt for next summer.


Two European pillow-size shams to go with the Nine Patch Waltz quilt.


The backing arrived last week and I'm hoping to drop the quilt and pillow shams to the quilter in a couple of days.


Last week's "Sampler Spree" colour was Navy.  I have a very limited supply of FigTree navy and didn't want to have too many fabric repeats.


Month 8 "Shine On Sampler" blocks.


"Stripe Me Lucky" is together.  Michelle Mackillop has designed the best border - everything goes together like clockwork.


Close up of the orange-spot used for the background.


Made the final "Sugar Plums" block last night.  I'll add the final corner blocks when the layout is finalised so that there is more variety in the four patches these little squares make.


Latest lunchtime cutting out is "Twin Stars" using up jelly roll and strips leftover from "Nine Patch Waltz".  There is a lot of cutting when making this quilt from jelly roll strips - if I make it again I'll definitely not use a jelly roll.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...