25 July 2019

Sampler Blocks

Over the weekend I started sewing the "Happy Scrappy Baskets" together.  I was so happy that I had just enough of the Corey Yoda "Lulu Lane" large floral to use for the setting triangles.


By Sunday night the quilt top was together and the backing was made; ready to drop off to Karen on Monday night.


The main reason for visiting Karen was to pick up "Nine Patch Waltz", which was quilted last week.  It looks so lovely.  Might get around to sewing on the binding next week.


I've decided to make another Bonnie and Camille Sampler Quilt - this time making a block from each quilt I start this year as well as blocks made for the Aussie Bonnie & Camille Beehive.  I've made 5 blocks this week

"Moda Love"
"Nine Patch Waltz"

"Starry Starry Night"
"Summer Nights"
to add to the blocks already made.

"Lucky"
"Happy Scrappy Baskets" and "Spinning Stars"
Centre of "Fresh"
"Snippets"
It's a great opportunity to use up all the leftover pieces of background fabrics.

Last weekend was busy with little Sweetheart staying over.  We went to see "Toy Story 4" on Sunday morning and visited GG (Mum) before heading home to her place.

This weekend the stitching girls are coming over.  My son and his family are moving house next week, so Sunday I'll be packing.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Love those basket blocks Lynda! I’ve always wanted to make one. Your nine patch quilt is great too!

Maria said...

The Baskets are lovely .
You've also make many great blocks...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...