02 July 2019

Back in The Pink Room

The final "Christmas Cheer" stocking arrived late last week so the two rows (Christmas stockings and Santa hats) can be sewn and put aside for when the rest of the rows are finished.


Haven't been doing much machine sewing over the last couple of weeks - I've been hand-stitching blocks for my grandson's quilt - only a few months behind with this quilt but have been making good headway.

Felt the need to do some machine sewing and made this month's "Summer Moon" blocks - so many teeny tiny pieces in the smallest Birds in the Air block.  I think I'm going to love this quilt once it's all finished.


I have a few piles of blocks ready to be sewn into quilt tops and I was home all day on Sunday so took the opportunity to start sewing "Nine Patch Waltz" together and the top was together last night.  I love this quilt in FigTree fabrics and also the light circles in this quilt design - secondary patterns are the best.  Borders are next - I have a few fabric choices.


Last week I saw "Rocketman" again - so fabulous and I probably loved it more the second time.  On Saturday afternoon Mum and I went to see "Yesterday".  It was written by Richard Curtis - I think he's such a great writer/director ("Four Weddings and A Funeral", "Vicar of Dibley", "Notting Hill", "Love Actually", "About Time", "The Boat That Rocked" and so many, many more).

No movies next weekend - family lunch with the Honeymooners before they leave for their European honeymoon next Monday.  Always a fun time when we're together.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...