17 September 2018

Project Jelly Roll Day

I had no intention of starting another quilt but Saturday was Project Jelly Roll Day - I didn't have a jelly roll that I wanted to cut into yet so I cut my own fabric strips on Friday night to start Bonnie Olaveson's quilt "O Happy Day" - I've been thinking about making this quilt for a while, so this was a good excuse to start.

I've used fabrics from a few Bonnie and Camille ranges and the aqua is for the pieces around the Nine Patch central block.


The background is the pretty white-on-white from B&C's "The Good Life"


When I turned off the sewing machine last night I had made 8 of the 16 required blocks.  They are quite large at 18-1/2" unfinished.


Had a pretty quiet weekend - Saturday was very hot.

Karen quilted "Apple Pie" and it looks lovely - she'll bring it over tonight; so that's another to add to the binding pile.


Yesterday Mum and I went for a drive to Kiama (Mum had her favourite:  fish and chips for lunch) and through Jamberoo on the way home - been ages since I've been there and it's always lovely.

1 comment:

Maria said...

A great start to another beautiful Quilt...
how many quilts have you in the binding pile ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...