11 October 2017

Dream Big

During last week I sewed some more Scrappy Stars.  There are now 37/145 finished.  I don't expect many stars to be made this week.  Too many other things happening.


On Thursday afternoon I collected two quilts from Jenny (AngelCake Quilting) and sewed the binding on during the weekend.  "Dream Big" is now finished - it's a cot-sized quilt made in Moda's "Whisper Muslin Mates" - a very different colourway for me to use.  All the fabrics were purchased from Karen earlier this year.

 
 

The binding on "Framed" is yet to be stitched down.


ChaCha stayed over on Friday night but wasn't well enough to come with Mum and me when we visited Michael and Gulliver on Saturday.  We had such a fun time.  Gulliver is such a busy little boy and a delight.  The treasure chest Mum gave to Gulli kept him entertained for ages and he was very impressed with his new Star Wars Bandaids.


We also visited Jenni and Kurt and popped in to see Elizabeth, Matt and ChaCha, so it was a great day out.

On Sunday afternoon I started sewing up a couple of little dresses for ChaCha.
 

This one is for twirling - her favourite thing to do at the moment.

 
Mum will be doing the hand-sewing on both of these dresses.

Tonight Robyn, Lynell, Darren and I are going to a concert at the State Theatre:  Michael Ball and Alfie Boe.  We've been looking forward to this for months.  Friday night I'm meeting up with The Schoolgirls for dinner and on Saturday, Tania and I are going to see "Assassins" at the Hayes Theatre - I know very little about this show, only that David Campbell is in it and it's a musical.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Fun times..... great quilts and I do love those little dresses.....

Chookyblue...... said...

love the stars.........great colours.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...