31 July 2015

New Cutting Table

Anyone following me on Instagram or Facebook knows that I have a new cutting table.  It arrived yesterday and I'm so tickled pink with it.

I've been using a chest of drawers as a cutting bench for the last 6 years and it's worked very well but the time has come for something bigger.


A while ago I saw a great kitchen island in Ikea that I thought would work for a cutting table but when I measured the spaces in my sewing room it was too long and would have meant too much re-organisation of the room.  Then I had a brainwave of having a kitchen company build one for me but that turned out to be very expensive (over twice the cost of the Ikea bench) so I started looking on Ebay and Gum Tree.  I found a cabinet-maker on Gum Tree who could build exactly what I was after and arrange delivery from Victoria.


 


I moved some of the girls' childhood furniture into the room as well for some more storage and it's all set, except for some tidying/cleaning out of the wardrobe and shelves.   Think I might need a white machine cabinet next.

8 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

great table.........I like your room......

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Congratulations! It is great to have functional furniture in your sewing room.

Susan said...

Good job on the table, I'd be interested to know where you got it from. Your room is looking great, so much storage space.

Vicki said...

Looks great, Lynda! You can paint your sewing cabinet - alternatively the cupboard maker can do a two pack job on it for you!

Susan said...

I think I might need the name of that cabinet maker! Imagine him being cheap enough to not only make such a great table ,but ship it too! Win-win! Would you consider a coat of white paint where your machine is now? I love me a spot of furniture painting!

marina said...

fantastic table! your sewing room is so beautiful. A very inspiring place to create your gorgeous quilts!

Helen said...

Your sewing room looks great and I love your new cutting table.....well done.

Lorraine said...

Good work on getting the new table made to order and shipped...it looks great! My sewing room could do with a makeover I think, the storage is all a bit ad-hoc (and bursting!) I can't see most of the cupboards at the moment!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...