27 April 2015

Whtewashed Cottage

There's been some finishing off and sewing over the last few days.  I received a charmpack of Whitewashed Cottage as a gift and bought a second pack to make this lap quilt using Puss in the Corner blocks.  Karen quilted it for me with my favourite Orange Peel design.


I sewed on the binding so that I could start stitching it down while minding my little sweetheart when her Mum and Dad went out for dinner on Friday night.


Finished it off while watching the ANZAC march and services on Saturday morning.  There are so many pale fabrics in this line - they would make great backgrounds.  Love the orange peel quilting Karen did - think it's my favourite design.  The quilt is approx 50"x59" and shortly will be going to a sweet 2 year old little girl.


Have done as much stitching on Little Chicken Feather as I can before the little one arrives.  His name and birth details will then be added to the stitchery before the top is quilted.


Still trying to make a decision on border fabrics.

The weather was pretty miserable for most of Saturday and Sunday - went into the sewing room after I arrived home from Sydney on Saturday and sewed up this little child's quilt while watching some "Gilmore Girls" episodes and then "Gallipoli" - the blocks were cut out and sewn into the 9 patches probaby in 2011.  A dear friend bought me an X-block ruler and pattern book for my birthday that year - I made a couple of little quilts at the time.  I'll definitely be making more from the book.


Sewed up the backing for this little quilt yesterday morning.  I hope to quilt it soon - stitching in the ditch will be enough for this one.


In the afternoon I decided to pin baste the pink Frolic cot quilt

 

ditch-stitched the rows


followed by a "running stitch" on the plain zig-zags - about halfway stitching the zig-zags so they might be finished over the next couple of nights.


It's about time I did some more of my crochet granny squares


These are going to be something special for Miss ChaCha.  Going to visit Karen after work today and I'm hoping the Mickey Mouse Frolic quilt is ready to pick up.  It was so chilly this morning, I really wanted to stay at home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow your motoring along with these quilts, must feel great to have some finishes, they all look gorgeous

Susan said...

Goodness you have been busy! The quilting on your Puss in the Corner quilt gives it wonderful texture! It really adds another layer of interest! Winter seems to have arrived far too early, hasn't it?

marina said...

so many pics of beautiful craftiness.
love your finished quilt and loving your little chicken feather stitching.
I like the orange peel quilting too.
Well done!

Deb R said...

Wow, you have been busy!

Michelle said...

You have been so busy, you made me feel tired just reading how much you did! Well done! love the quilts and especially the stitchery!

Lorraine said...

Busy as always Lynda! Not much stitching happening for me at the moment but it may happen once I get home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...