25 February 2015

Clowning Around

At long last the Clown Alphabet quilt is finished - this one has been in the "to be quilted" pile for almost three years.  Karen ditch-stitched the blocks and quilted in the borders - just enough to set off the lovely bright fabrics and clowns.


Time is passing way too quickly.  Had a great weekend - Friday night went to a surprise birthday party and the birthday girl was so surprised - everyone was astonished that I could keep a secret.  Saturday, a friend visited for the afternoon and we had a lovely chat over some cuppas - it's great to have some time out.  Saturday night I did some more work on the cot quilt for Jenni's friend.  It's now together (and does sit flat).  Next up is choosing backing then it will be off to Karen to be quilted.


Sunday and Monday night sewed some Goodnight Irene blocks - the 16 patch blocks are all done and might start on the X-blocks over the weekend.


I have way too many things on the go, including Fireworks - made another block last night.  10 blocks to go.


Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can make my design sheet hang nicely?  My blocks always look yuk because the cloth is free hanging.  I don't have wallspace to pin it flat.  It hangs from a piece of dowell (with another piece of dowell stapled to the bottom edge) over my wardrobe doors so that it can be removed when not in use.

Heading up to Sydney tonight to visit my favourite little person and spend tomorrow with the family.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

at least your projects are actually "on the go"...mine are pretty much all in their pattern jackets still! :) I haven't done any stitching of late but I am hoping the weekend weather might not be so hot! Beautiful during the week and heatwave on the weekend! Enjoy your time with your little one!

marina said...

great progress on your works!
love the clown quilt, it's so pretty and bright.
the cot quilt looks so beautiful too and the fireworks block are wondrful
enjoy your special time tonight x

Susan said...

You have been busy. Great to do a bit of each, i think that's the secret to all your finishes.

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Ooh I love the clown quilt, so lovely and bright. Design wall, my only suggestion would be to put the flannel on some backing board which would make it lay flat. The Sassy Quilter blog has a post about making one.

Have fun with all those projects Lynda.

Happy days.
Bev.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...