15 January 2014

Floral Bouquet No 2

I first made this quilt in 2011 as our Tuesday Girls quilt-along for that year.  In April 2012 I cut out a second Floral Bouquet using a jelly roll of Fig Tree Breakfast at Tiffany's and all the pieces have sat in a bag ever since.  I came across the bag when going through all of my Fig Tree fabrics for the APQ Quilt-Along and left it out on the chair, thinking I would get to it once Tone it Down is finished.

Telling myself I needed a little break from Tone it Down (I can rationalise with the best), on Monday night I sewed all the snow squares onto the strips.  Yesterday, after work I pressed and trimmed them

 

and sewed one block together while watching/listening to Lleyton Hewitt's match.


After dinner, I just kept going.

The mis-placed block has been turned around.
I'll add the outer fabric to the blocks tonight then might get back to Tone it Down - I still have a few sashing pieces to cut and need to decide on final placement.

I have a little bag of the triangle off-cuts from both Floral Bouquet quilts - all Fig Tree fabrics with Moda Bella Solid Snow.  The pieces are small - about 2" across the straight grain edge.



If anyone would like these, please say so in a comment - first in gets them.  Happy to post anywhere.  The little triangles have been claimed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this quilt is gorgeous Lynda,you are such a clever chicky.xx

marina said...

wow! when you get going, you get going!!
The colours and fabrics are so beautiful.
Those triangles are very tempting, a little mini out of those would be lovely. Perhaps they might like to come live here?

Jan said...

Lynda, I'd like them please if they're not already taken. Love the quilt, you are such a doer and make such beautiful things.

Susan said...

You are on a roll. The blocks are looking great.

Michelle said...

It's funny how a new project or even an UFO can appeal more than the project we are working on! Love the colour of the quilt! Great work.
Michelle

Maria said...

I can't believe how quickly you have put that pretty filmsy together Lynda..
Pleased the tiny triangles found a home...

Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness Lynda, you are a machine!! I think you are being productive for both of us at the moment! I still haven't felt like stitching....maybe tomorrow? In the meantime I am enjoying seeing your lovely work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...