08 April 2010

Alphabet Soup

Alphabet Soup is finished (54-1/4" square plus prairie points).



I can't take any credit for the design of this quilt - I saw it on a website advertising Holly Holderman's Alphabet Panel and decided to have a go at working out the maths for the star blocks.  The only fabrics I bought were the alphabet panel and the turquoise/white stripe for the border - all the rest, including the backing fabrics, came out of the cupboard (which happened to contain some of the lovely Holly Holderman cherry, check and baby rabbit fabrics).

Also in one of my cupboards is a stack of hexagons my Mum stitched a few years ago - these are for Bouquet Garden from Homespun No 21.  The hexagons form a central medallion which is surrounded by 9 borders.  All the borders were also cut out years ago.  This will be the next quilt for me to finish off as well as continuing with Tail Feathers.  Haven't touched The Wish Quilt for a good few weeks and think it will again be on the back-burner for quite a while.

Jenni and I had a lovely day out yesterday - she bought everything on her list and a bit more.  Guess what?  I have to go back - fell in love with an office chair that I thought would look so pretty in my sewing room, brought it home and found I'd picked up the wrong box - same style, wrong colour.

9 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lynda it looks so good...love the prairie points....and your next project sounds like a challenge!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The quilt looks fantastic and I love your chair, must visit Ikea one day

Jen said...

The quilt is fantastic Lynda. Bit of a 'bummer' getting the wrong chair.

Lorraine said...

Lynda....great quilt...and I am in love with that chair!! I am off to IKEA on Monday to get some furniture for my new house.....see I am keeping positive...! and I do need a new chair!!....

Bec said...

Alphabet Soup looks fantastic! Holly Holderman has divine fabrics... Is it for anyone in particular or just in case??? I like to have some baby quilts on hand.
I hope things are easily sorted out with your chair. It sounds like the sort of thing I do!

Helen said...

Love prairie points, they just finish that quilt off beautifully. I've never seen a chair quite like that one, very interesting.

Helen

Julie said...

Lovely quilt Lynda. I've always been a little scared of prairie points for some reason. I should try them one day they look great.

Sarah said...

Looks great Lynda, you clever gal!
Glad you got the correct chair now! What a bummer! I really wish we had an Ikea here..... I say to Dennis all the time, we should pop over to Melb and check it out!
x Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...