18 March 2010

Holiday

I am on holidays and last night returned from a fantastic 6 day stay in Queensland with my dear friend Diann.  On Friday we travelled to Kingaroy (via visiting my brother and a couple of other stops) and spent the weekend with Helen, Jenny, Teresa and Tereasa at The Quilter's Rest.  Teresa and Tereasa have some great photos on their blogs of The Quilter's Rest and what they were making.  So relaxing to be able to sew or do whatever you feel like without having to worry about cooking, housework etc and have such a great time with friends.


Diann, Jenny and Helen concentrating on their work.  Jenny quilted 3 quilts over the weekend! I have a fun video of Jenny dancing but can't work out how to upload it to blogger without putting it on You Tube.  Diann was working out block placement for her Bear Paw Quilt, which she finished putting together on Saturday night.


She was so enthusiastic she put the borders on the quilt below.


Helen was cutting, cutting, cutting then sewing, sewing, sewing - hundreds of half-square triangles and flying geese.  Her quilt will be so pretty when it's finished - the fabrics are beautiful.


What did I sew?  I spent Friday night and all of Saturday sewing together my Girls Day Out blocks.  I've borrowed this photo from Teresa because I didn't take one of the finished quilt top.  It's now ready for the roses to be appliqued then I can think about the quilting - won't be for a little while because I have a couple of other deadlines coming up.


Monday and Tuesday Diann and I continued our own retreat and I completed the centre of Alphabet Soup - borders next and finished off with prairie points.


Managed to fit in a bit of shopping at Thread and Ginger and The Quilter's Rest.


So all up it was a fantastic holiday and I don't go back to work till next Monday.  I hope to have finished all the blocks for the bright green string-pieced quilt (Bullseye) - I'm about halfway.  The circles will be appliqued on when the quilt top is together.

10 comments:

Maria said...

Wow Lynda you and your friends have worked on lots of beautiful quilts. Love them all.

When I go to retreats I seem to just relax and spend more time catching up and chatting and only get a little sewing done. LOL

The Strippy green bullseye top is gorgoeous

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely of lovely quilt tops together......looks like a lovely weekend.........

Bec said...

You must be so pleased to have your GDO quilt top together, it looks really beautiful.... Love the bear paw quilt by Diann...Bullseye looks stunning! So pleased you had a lovely relaxing weekend....

Lorraine said...

what...you are back already! where did the time go....? Looks like a great time had by all...and I am loving that green bullseye quilt! Very nice!!! Enjoy the rest of your holidays.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos...love all the quilts and projects....sounds like you all had a ball....the Bullseye quilt is stunning...the black centres, wow......

Julie said...

Six day quilting holiday.....bliss!!

Your girls day out looks great, what an achievement.

Sarah said...

What a wonderful time you girls all had Lynda, and achieved SO much! I have loved reading all your blogs about it all! Love the GDO!
x Sarah

Jen said...

We did have a great time that is for sure and got lots of sewing done. Need to go again very soon me thinks.

Vicki said...

Wow, you have all been very productive. Glad that you managed to find time to shop a little too, LOL

Crafty Chookie said...

HI there.
All the quilt tops look beautiful..It's great to see a quilt your working on completed...(Girl's Day Out).It looks fantastic..Maybe I need a holiday retreat to finish my UFOs...MMMM.
Cheers..:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...