27 September 2024

Pretty Birds x 2

"Pretty Birds" designed by Elizabeth Hartman is finished.  I loved making this quilt and am thrilled to bits with it.


The large quilt has arrive at its new home with my friend in USA.

The background for this quilt is called Manchester in Parchment colourway - this is the fabric suggested in the pattern - don't think I would choose to buy it again as it's quite open weave and doesn't feel very stable when sewing with it.

Nevertheless, I had plenty left over and decided to make the small version of the quilt as a wallhanging.

Cockatoos


Toucans


Cockatiels


Macaws

Lorikeets


Used the same backing as the larger quilt and the binding is an orange/yellow fabric from my stash.


I think this wallhanging will be going to my cousin's new home.


In late August I went on a quick holiday to Western Australia with my dear friend Lynell.  I haven't been to Perth since 1976, when I spent one day there on a voyage back from our trip to UK and Europe.

We went on an organised trip so something was planned for each day - better than having to make decisions and do our own planning.  We had a tour around Perth, visited Fremantle, Rottnest Island, The Pinnacles among other places.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...