27 September 2024

Happy Halloween

Elizabeth Hartman's "Happy Halloween" is finished.  I hope my little sweetheart likes it.  Really enjoyed making this and I have plans to make the small version one day.


A few months ago I bought some Kona Regal but that colour was too dark to use as the background - not enough contrast with the charcoals and black, so I bought Kona Noble Purple as suggested in the pattern.  The Regal fabric came in handy for the backing. Karen quilted this with Square Dance - this design works really well with Elizabeth Hartman designs.


Jenni, Kurt and Daisy went to a wedding on Sunday while Vinnie and I had a fun day at Sydney Zoo.  I like this zoo as it's close to their home, isn't too big to walk around all the exhibits with a little child and there is a good range of animals in nice surroundings.

At the moment I'm working on "Happy Stripes" designed by Emily Dennis of Quilty Love.  This is such a fantastic pattern for anyone who wants to make a quilt in a very short time.

The jelly roll was a gift from my American friend - it is "London Parks" a Liberty fabric produced by Riley Blake.  I was able to buy some border and binding fabrics from the same range here in Aus.


Last Saturday was Jelly Roll Day but I didn't start this quilt because it was Elizabeth's birthday and the next day I was with Vinnie.

Started sewing these blocks on Monday - the designer says she can make a quilt top in one day.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...