02 February 2021

Baby Shower

On the hottest day of this year (so far), our family and friends gathered for a picnic to celebrate the imminent arrival of Jenni and Kurt's baby.  I didn't take one photo.  Thankfully, one of Jenni's friends took a photo of her with some of her friends.


I finished a few knitted pieces for the baby over the last couple of weeks.  This little cardy is a new-to-me pattern and is fun to knit - it's in one piece and the shaping is very clever.


Had to make just one pink cardy (just in case).

Jenni has been nesting and setting up the nursery.

For Christmas I had intended to make little H a busy book but the veranda renovations took up too much of my sewing time.  I made a start on the weekend and hope to have a few pages finished for his 2nd birthday at the end of February.


I had to bring out the old girl to make the grass - the machine I use these days didn't come with a tacking foot and the shanks are different sizes so the foot wouldn't fit on the newer machine.


The second half of "Kaleidoscope" sewing is done.


I've put these blocks aside for a couple of weeks before I tackle the layout.

In the big box of destash fabrics that arrived from my friend in USA, was a bag of 2-1/2" Figtree squares.  I thought there would be enough to make a "Niner" quilt, designed by Thimble Blossoms.


A few blocks:


All 108 blocks - these were quick to put together over a few nights.
 

Plenty of squares leftover for something else.


Sewcialites Block 16 -  "Friendship" designed by Carrie Nelson


Sewcialites Block 17 - "Peace" designed by Anne Sutton

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...