12 December 2018

New Start

Another beautiful "Summer Nights" block arrived yesterday - this time from Alison.  6 more to come this month.

Alison

Towards the end of October I cut out "All Wrapped Up" a FigTree & Co design  in Bonnie and Camille's "Vintage Holiday" fabric.


I've been busy making dresses, decorating the house, knitting and spending time with my family, so there has been no piecing for a month.  Little Sweetheart and I finished the decorating on Sunday afternoon and by Monday night I just had to sew up a couple of blocks.  I think this quilt will be lovely (but not ready for Christmas 2018).


Last Saturday afternoon I went to see "Book of Mormon" - this show is definitely not for everyone.  Aside from the subject and language, there are some very confronting scenes about modern-day life in Africa.  The singing and dancing are wonderful (especially the big tap dance - LOVE a good tap dance) and there are many truly hilarious moments.  It's always a lovely surprise to recognise someone you knew as a youngster in the cast.

In complete contrast to "Book of Mormon", this coming Saturday I will be seeing 'Sarah and Duck' at the Opera House with my little sweethearts and Elizabeth, Matt and Michael.

1 comment:

Susan said...

"All Wrapped Up" is going to be gorgeous Lynda! I really admire you cutting out the whole quilt before you start sewing! That takes not only self-control but tenacity!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...