11 June 2015

A Long Weekend

Last week I caught up on the Thimble Blossoms Scrappy Sampler Sew-Along.


I love this Piccadilly Circus block.  The pattern is very easy to follow.  An Instagram friend (@aqua_paisley) came up with a great way to cut the left-overs to make bonus blocks - so pleased I already had the Dresden Plate ruler.


I'm really keen to make the Piccadilly Circus quilt.  Went ahead and cut out all my strips because I'm running out of many of these fabrics and didn't want to be tempted to use them in something else.


Always great to have a long weekend.  More time to spend with the family, friends and in the sewing room.

The Stitching Girls met up on Saturday and Kerryn brought along the cot quilt we made for her little baby boy (due in 4 weeks) - the girls gave it to Kerryn at her baby shower.  I wasn't able to attend because I was at another extra-special baby bbq.  I was so pleased to see the finished quilt.  We all made blocks using the Go Four It design, this year's quilt-along pattern from American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.


During the week I made backing for Kaleidoscope and on Saturday gave the quilt to Karen for quilting.


Saw this photo on Instagram a couple of days later - the little clouds quilting looks wonderful.



A few weeks ago Karen quilted an old UFO for me - a 12" block sampler made along with my on-line stitching group.  The blocks were made in 2010 and the quilt top has been together since early 2011.



Saturday night I finally sewed bindings onto 4 quilts:  Fireworks, 12-1/2" Sampler


The Wish Quilt, and Leanne Beasley's 365 Challenge Quilt made in 2007-2008 (which Karen quilted earlier this year)

 

Mum and I spent Sunday in Sydney visiting the family - lunch with Michael and Peta then some time with with Elizabeth, Matt, Jenni and Miss ChaCha.

On Monday I went outside to bring in the washing to find the clothesline was a casualty of the huge winds blowing that morning:


Lovely new blue clothesline installed yesterday - matches the roof and trims on my house.


Monday night was the next Scrappy Sampler instalment - Vintage Tulips


It's the middle of winter here and the roses are still blooming - there are plenty of new buds too.

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

so many beautiful projects on the go here............

Susan said...

Wow, I'll have what you're having please..........you are being so productive lately. Love the first block, so quirky and pretty. Great to get those quilts finished off.

marina said...

wow lots of beautiful eye candy!
love the tulip blocks and can't wait to see your quilted beauties.
poor clothes line, it certainly died good and proper.

Susan said...

You're a whirlwind like that one that took your clothesline out! I love that first block! Is it really that easy??

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely projects...nice new clothes line 💗💗

Maria said...

Nice to get your lovely quilts all finished...
Great new clothesline....

Love the tulips, you always use such gorgeous fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda wow you sure have been busy ,I always love seeing what you are up to ,you do such beautiful work,glad you had some lovely time with the family,love your roses xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...