04 June 2010

Zig Zag Quilt

For well over a year I've had this tutorial in my favourites.  I decided to make a large cot-size version.  Instead of cutting 3" strips, I cut 1-1/2" strips.  I needed 1-1/2 widths of two fabric per row of zig-zags (if that makes sense).  I used some of the leftover Beatrix Potter fabrics plus a few other yellows and blues from the stash along with white Moda Bella Solid.  It was very windy outside this morning when I was taking the photos.


The border is the wider section of Beatrix Potter's "3 Kittens" border print.


The outer corner blocks pattern is from the birthday miniature quilt pattern I received from our on-line stitching group - such tiny pieces.


The zig-zags were stitched in the ditch and I machine sewed a row of running stitch on every second white row:


The backing is lovely soft pale blue/white polka dot flannel I bought on our road trip last Saturday.


Weekend again - 6 sleeps and we're going on a little holiday so I think I'll spend some time this weekend tracing a few stitcheries to take along.

12 comments:

Copper Patch said...

It looks great Lynda. I love the way the quilting shows up on the backing.
Enjoy your road trip stitching time.
Ab

Maria said...

What a beautiful cuddlely baby quilt.

Have a lovely holiday.

Yvette said...

Very sweet! Looks comfy too.

Jeanne said...

Very pretty quilt! I love zig zags.

Diann said...

This looks absolutely gorgeous. You did a wonderful job and the stitching on the white looks very effective. Well done!

Vicki said...

Looks warm and snuggly, Lynda! Very cute.

Maree: said...

Love the Design..might just have to look at that Tut...Gorgeous BP fabric looks Great.
cheers

Catherine said...

BEautiful work as usual Lynda!! Cathyx

Suzi-q said...

Very nice and I love those corner blocks

Crafty Chookie said...

What a gorgeous cot quilt..Nice and warm for winter..
Cheers :-) Michelle

Sarah said...

Very nice Lynda! Love the little corner blocks too! And, your quilting - fabulous!!
x Sarah

Bec said...

Love the zigzag quilt, the flannel backing will be so snuggly for a little one....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...