26 January 2008

I Don't Know What Possessed Me

Sunday, 30 December 2007, was a beautiful day here in the 'Gong - sunny, light breeze, not too hot. John said to me "Want to go for a ride?" and for some totally unknown reason I nodded my head. Haven't been on a motorbike for well over 20 years.

When we were going out we went most places by motorbike and we even shipped one overseas to ride around Europe when we lived in Holland for 12 months after we were married but, once Elizabeth was born, that was it - just couldn't do it. Think I've only been for 2 rides since and they were before Jenni was born.

This particular day was probably the slowest John has ridden a bike since about 1985 but boy was I in the good books! We went to Kiama to visit friends (about 1/2 hour away) and this photo shows us about to leave their place. John wanted proof to show the children that I'd actually done it.

2 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

You lived in Holland! I send some Dutch hugs to OZ! That’s some impressive motorbike!

Sarah said...

You go girl!! Hope you had a fantastic ride. Going to go again??
x Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...