10 December 2019

Way Behind Schedule

The Little Sweethearts had a good time at the Uni Christmas Party and came back to my place to decorate the tree - well, they lasted about 10 minutes then ran off to play and left the rest of the tree-decorating to Mum and me.


That same day my daugher-in-law's new shop opened in Thirroul.  It's a wonderland of colour and curios.


Wednesday last week was Mum's 92nd birthday - she is truly astonishing and we are so fortunate to have her here with us.


Decorating has continued at a slower pace than usual and was finished on the weekend.  The Christmas quilt is on my bed.


On Saturday morning, Gulliver and I prepared the fruit for the Christmas cakes, and then we cooked the cakes on Sunday when the our other Sweetheart was there to help.

The only sewing that has happened over the last week or so is a binding has been sewn onto a baby quilt for Mum to stitch down and I'm trying to hand-stitch some Christmas decorations for the Little Sweethearts for Christmas - not sure if they will be finished in time.

I picked up Sweet Escape from Karen last week and have yet to make the binding for that.

There has been a little "enhancement" to The Parlour.  A couple of Christmases ago, Jenni bought me a very sweet coat rack.  It was hung on the weekend and I have two shelves to be hung next weekend.


A couple of weeks ago Michael and Peta moved the grandfather clock in to The Parlour - it looks so good in there.

I have some special photos to go on the walls and shelves and then I think the room will be finished.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...