07 July 2022

Pretty Birds

I have a couple of regular customers who purchase quilts through my Etsy shop.  One lady bought the small Dinosaurs quilt and she mentioned she would love a "Pretty Birds" wallhanging if I felt like making one.  I love Elizabeth Hartman designs - they are intricate and have many pieces but the patterns are so well-written and are easy-to-follow.

The wallhanging was finished a while ago and I sent it to Sarah for quilting (along with Batman).  Sarah used "Square Buns" and the design looks great on the finished quilt.

The client specifically asked for white cockatoos - she has a 40 year old cocky.


The Alison Glass fabrics look fantastic in the birds - Cockatoos, Macaws, Cockatiels, Toucans and Lorikeets.  The backing fabric is from Spotlight.


I'm looking forward to making the full-size quilt - maybe later this year or next year.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Gorgeous and perfect backing….

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...