26 July 2022

Bathroom Refresh

Painters were at my house last week to paint the "new" room as well as the bathroom, laundry and 2nd toilet.

Previously those rooms were what I call "poison green"

and now are a very clinical-looking white.  I had a white wicker shelf-unit, clock frame and laundry hamper in the room but even with a new coat of white they looked yuk so I spray painted them midnight blue and they look much better.  Time to update the cupboard and drawer handles as well and download a new white clock face.

Tomorrow morning the floor polishing will start in the new room then the electrician can hang the new light fitting and replace power points/light switches etc, and I need to buy/install a blind and curtains.

Hoping to have time over the weekend to paint the laundry cupboard so that I can move everything back into the laundry from the family room.

"Blueberry Kisses" quilt top is together

Jocelyn Proust backing.

and went home with Karen following her visit last week.

Last week's "Swoon" blocks


and last week's Fireworks blocks.

Two Swoon blocks and four Fireworks blocks to go - hopefully they will be made this week.

I also made the cot-sized version of "Happy Stripes" in Nantucket Summer low volumes - this was a very quick quilt to sew together.

and I've made a start on "Star Pop" also in Nantucket Summer fabric.  Because I'm using a variety of low volume and white-on-white Bonnie and Camille fabrics for the stars, I need to lay out the fabrics work out what goes where.

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Bestill my heart so much blue....... Happy days.....
Wonderful to see the bathroom done and cannot wait to see how the new space looks.......

Maria said...

Lovely updated bathroom….
So many beautiful quilts there….

marina said...

nice to get a fresh new bathroom make over.
Loving all the blues in your post.
Especially love the Nantucket stripe top it's so pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...