07 July 2022

Batman Quilts

A while ago my cousin asked me to make a Batman quilt for her son-in-law's birthday in June.  We found a pattern online for a Batman block (Quilt Around the Clock), ordered some yellow and black Kona Cotton from Patchworks Plus and found a Batman curtain fabric at Spotlight to use for the backing.

I made the block a bit different to the pattern by not using all 2-1/2" squares - I cut strips to suit the measurement of each part rather than having loads of seams.

As I was making the first quilt I realised I would need to make one for my son for his 40th birthday in July - he has always been a huge Batman fan - so more fabric was ordered.

Both quilts were sent to Sarah for quilting - we had found a great design with the Batman symbol and an outline of Batman's head.

The colours look best in the photo of the quilt on the bed.  These were fun, quick quilts to make and the boys love them.

Michael's birthday was last Saturday - to fit in with Michael's band's performance on Saturday night, the family went out for dinner on Friday night.  My favourite time is when the family is together.

Jenni, Kurt and Vinnie stayed over for two nights so they could come to the family dinner and also go to see Michael's band.  I was on babysitting duties.  Fortunately Vinnie was asleep before they went out.  That little sweetheart never stops till he's asleep - he has so much energy.


The weather over the last 10 days or so has been atrocious and so frightening for many people on the east coast of Australia.  Fortunately I've had no water come into the house but it's a constant worry these days.  The rainfall has been extremely heavy and constant and has now moved further north to, once again, inundate the folks who suffered terrible flooding earlier this year.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Fantastic Batman quilt…..
Lovely to have family time for BDs.
Little Vinnie is growing fast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...