After the dressmaking finished I started piecing "Master Plan", a quilt designed by Carrie Nelson, Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. I've had this cut out for a good while.
Spent a couple of days piecing 113 flying geese blocks (456 units) and 225 four patch blocks.
This quilt top has to be sewn together in rows so they need to be laid out before sewing all the pieces into rows - my design sheet isn't big enough so I think I'll do it in sections.
I was soon tired of all the pressing and trimming so thought it might be time to sew together one of the stack of blocks into a quilt top.
I moved around some of the blocks in the lower right-hand section so that the colours and fabric designs were more mixed.
Backing and binding:
I was walking by the quilt in The Pink Room when I noticed that one of the hourglass blocks was out by 90 degrees - it's fixed now.
Backing - the binding will be scrappy Bonnie and Camille fabrics.
Before I tackle the next pile of blocks I'm starting "Joyful" - this was cut out last October.
I think this will be pretty.
Next blocks to sew into a quilt top will be "Floral Bouquet" - they are already set out on the design bed.
Backing for this arrived today so I hope to sew it up soon and pack it up with the other two to send to Karen to quilt.
Think I'm up-to-date now ...