12 January 2022

Dressmaking

Not much patchwork to finish off the old year or start the new year.  I felt more like making dresses.

A friend sent me two Tessutti patterns and I made one of them for her.  This is the "Milenda" dress in pretty coral and cream fabric my friend sent.


My friend was so happy to receive the dress - I didn't finish off the hem because she's quite short and thought it best for her to take it up.

Next up I made myself an "Eva" dress - another Tessutti pattern - from some fabric that Karen gave me before she moved away from the area.  This dress is so comfy to wear - the skirt is a lantern shape and all edges are finished off with self bias binding, including the hem.

This is a better photo of the colour.

I bought myself some beautiful linen/rayon at Lincraft on good special and made myself a "Milenda" dress.  Love the colour which shows up better in the first photo - it's more red than pink.


For the first time in over 40 years I didn't host Boxing Day leftovers dinner - we went to my friend's place and I enjoyed the change.  Had plenty of leftovers to take along and it was a lovely night.

New Year's Eve was a fun night with friends - we stayed overnight in a penthouse apartment in Wollongong, ordered take away Thai for dinner, played cards, watched two fireworks shows and drank some bubbles.  Breakfast outside at a local cafe on New Year's Day then home for a nap.

Gosh we've had some rain lately.

I've been lucky to spend time with the little ones, including Jenni, Kurt and Vinnie visiting for a few nights, and now back to work yesterday and we are, again, working from home.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

After seeing your beautiful clothes im a little tempted to give it a go again......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...