13 January 2022

Dinosaurs Quilts

I'm really pleased that both "Dinosaurs" Quilts are finished.  Loved making these.

Elizabeth Hartman designs are complicated to piece but the patterns are so well written with great colour/fabric directions, that the blocks go together very easily.

The kit I bought from The Next Stitch contained enough fabric to make both quilts in the pattern and I have enough left to make some mix and match dinosaurs if I add a bit more fabric to the mix.

I sent both quilts to Sarah at Patchworks Plus for quilting.  The large quilt's quilting design is "Squares 2b2".  This quilt is for my soon-to-be three year old grandson and Mum stitched down the binding.


The backing is also from The Next Stitch - a lovely Ruby Star Society wideback.


The smaller quilt before quilting.


Sarah quilted this one with "Square Buns".



I found the backing for this quilt at Spotlight.


These are my second and third Elizabeth Hartman quilts and I hope to make more in the future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...