27 August 2021

Week 9

Week 9 of lockdown is coming to an end.  Since the travel restrictions became even more stringent my little homeschooler hasn't been coming, so life is extra quiet.  I'm grateful I can visit Mum and she can visit me.

"Nine Patch Waltz" arrived at its new home on Saturday and some photos were sent through - the colours looks wonderful in this bedroom.


This week I've been jumping from one quilt to another.  "Boho Heart" blocks for June, July and August.
 

"Electrolite" quilt top is together.


This is a throw size quilt but I thought I'd like to make it bigger and on Instagram asked for some border suggestions - Julie suggested a braid and I found plenty of ideas on the internet.  I've made these four border strips.  I have a little black spot on white to use as an inner border to help with the maths to make these braids fit and then there'll be another black spot border and blue binding. 


The last "Sampler Spree" blocks have been made.  I haven't quite decided on the colour for the borders so putting the quilt top together is on hold for a little while.


A previous customer has been in touch and asked me to make "Feathers" - a design from The Pattern Basket.  This will have lots of FigTree fabrics and maybe some royal blue and a little bit of brown.  The original was made in "Strawberry Fields Revisited" - I have a few pieces of that range so they will be included.


The start of the flock of "Feathers".


We had a terrible storm on Tuesday night - the winds were around 120 kph, power went out at 9.30 pm for about 8 hours, loads of rain.  Lots of damage in the neighbourhood and a little at my place.


Next door's back fence was completely blown down, a huge branch is down in another neighbour's yard.  There are a lot of very tall trees in this area which provide beautiful shade but they are a constant worry.

On-line trivia with my friends tonight and over the weekend I plan to baste and start quilting Vincent's cot quilt.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful quilt with matching cushions…..
Oh you sure have a lot to work on dusting lockdown….
Lucky there wasn’t more damage at your place in the storm….
Stay safe and well.

Susan said...

Wow you have been busy, love your quilts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...