19 August 2021

Another Story

One of the people I've been following on Instagram for quite a while has started designing quilts.  Her patterns are fun, easy to follow and give me a chance to dig into the stash.

"Another Story" is her first design and it's terrific for favourite fabrics - 3" hexagons and all machine sewn.  I'm now working on her second quilt pattern "Electrolite" and will also make her third "Blueberry Kisses".


The quilting design is called "Chantilly", not my favourite but it looks really nice on this quilt - lots of interesting shapes with the hexagons.  Quilted by Jenny of AngelCake Quilting.


"Sampler Spree" week 9 - black/grey.  Not much of these colours in my FigTree stash and there were two blocks I didn't make:  one because I left it off my list and the other I don't want to make.  I'll make the missing block this week.  One more colour to go and it will be time to put all these blocks together.


These sawtooth star blocks are for "Electrolite"- there are 56 in the quilt along with 42 nine patches all set on point and then there will be setting blocks.  I finished the sawtooth stars last night.  2021 seems to be the Year of the Sawtooth Star.


A couple of weeks ago I finished the "Nine Patch Waltz" quilt top and had 1-1/2 jelly rolls and some border fabric left over.  I had a look through some pattern books and decided to make "Twin Stars" from "Jelly Roll Quilts" book.


Used up the lighter jelly roll strips making the ric-rac border and the quilt is now with Jenny (AngelCake Quilting) - don't know when I will be able to pick it up in this current lockdown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...