18 August 2021

Riley Blake Designs Block Challenge Quilt

So enjoyed making a block each week for this quilt and, because I really wanted to set the blocks on point, I needed to find more blocks to make.  Quilters Cache is a great pattern resource.  The quilt has been made using up the last of many FigTree "Chantilly" fabrics - sorry to be running out of these as they're to pretty.


Jenny from AngelCake Quilting used Elegant Feathers on this quilt - a very pretty design that doesn't overwhelm the patchwork.


I bought another pretty FigTree fabric for the backing - FigTree yellows are lovely.


For the setting, I used Woodberry Way's design from her Chamomile quilt - the soft green Chantilly fabric suited this very well.


Week 8 of "Sampler Spree" - brown/tan - definitely my least favourite colourway but I do like the beige with the big florals.


For over 7 months I've been working very, very slowly on stitchery blocks for Vincent's cot quilt.  The quilt top is together and I'm awaiting the arrival of some batting so that I can quilt it.  Will be simple in the ditch quilting.


Running very late with this quilt - he moved into his cot last week.  Vinnie is such a cheeky boy, growing way too fast and I miss seeing him and his Mum and Dad as well as the rest of my family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...