28 February 2022

Star Pop

"Star Pop" is a quilt designed by Emily Dennis (Quilty Love) - this is the first time I've made one of her designs which was well-written and easy to follow.  A friend sent me a f8 bundle and layer cake of "True Blue" (Zen Chic) and some blue/white fabrics were added from my stash.  The border design is based on Michelle McKillop's "Stripe Me Lucky" quilt border and was a great way to use up more of the fabrics.

I don't have any places to photograph large quilts when I don't want them on a bed.


The backing is a lovely toile wideback and the quality is beautiful.  Some wideback tend to be very open weave fabric.  The binding is Ruby Star Society "Speckled" (navy) and my friend will be stitching it down.


Karen used "Rodeo" for the quilting (chosen by my friend) and it looks lovely.


"Master Plan" is growing.  This quilt is slower to put together but enjoyable to make.  The length will be 8 full stars down the side and then I'd like to add a border but haven't decided on that yet.


Two more quilts are with Karen for quilting ("Joyful" and "Sampler Spree") and a secret sewing quilt is on the way to Sarah for quilting.

Had a fun/busy weekend with two different work farewells and basketball, Jenni/Kurt/Vinnie staying over for the weekend and little sweetheart Grandson H turning 3 on Saturday - he had such a great time at his party.  The garbage truck he received from his older cousins was a huge hit.  Two grandchildren came home with me for dinner and sweetheart T stayed over, so it was full house.  The best type of weekend.

4 comments:

Raewyn said...

I've just made a Star Pop as well Lynda (not quilted!) and yours has got me itching to start another - in blues!! It's lovely! masterplan is also looking fabulous. It sounds like a wonderful weekend ♥

loulee said...

Star Pop is stunning.
I love master plan too, it is coming along well.

Maria said...

Blues are my favourite colour so love your Star Pop.
Great work on your Masterplan too!

Chookyblue...... said...

It's beautiful......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...